Ok..we'll skip ahead then.

You guys are fucking ruthless Alright, I get it. Lesson 2 was written for somebody who legitimately doesn't know what an IP address is. Since apparently everybody in here came out of the womb holding a fucking YubiKey, here's something a little more fun.

You have 10[.]20[.]30[.]77/27 on eth0, a default route through 10[.]20[.]30[.]65, and traffic destined for 10[.]20[.]30[.]95. No subnet calculator. Tell me the network address, broadcast address, usable host range, whether .95 is considered on-link, and whether that packet ever touches the default gateway. Then tell me what changes when the destination becomes 10[.]20[.]31[.]95 — specifically whose MAC address gets placed in the Ethernet frame and why. Bonus points if you can explain what happens when another host answers the ARP request before the legitimate host does.

I had to post like that...it kept getting autoblocked

If you guys think I'm some fucking vibe coder I'm not. My name is Theodore Ochsen and I've been doing this shit since '04. I will teach anyone. All I want to do is help whoever wants to learn. Just ask away

submitted by /u/ChameleonCRM
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/vTRpfiW

Comments