I am helping a friend, they sent me a text this morning saying that, in the middle of the night, a 'text' was sent from their device to a group chat that they are a part of. Meaning, when they woke up and noticed new group chat messages they opened up the group chat and one of the messages that was recently sent (while they were sleeping in the middle of the night) appears to have been sent from their device. It was a very strange sentence with a bunch of randomly inserted emojis followed with 4-5 lines of periods.
100% was not sent by this person.
So far, I've instructed them to change their apple password (iphone user) and recommended that they enable SIM lock (xfinity mobile).
I'm not expecting anyone to give me cookbook instructions on how to correct this, I'm more curious as to what other measures can be taken to block/prevent sms/text access from another device. Of course if you have other recommendations I will look into anything suggested, I just wanted to make sure my request isn't being mistaken/misunderstood.
Thanks.
[link] [comments]
from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/LHzmsyv
Comments
Post a Comment