Configuration of found Access Points

Hi

I understand this question might not be directly related to the subject of this subreddit and I apologize in advance, but this is the closest i could think of...

In any case any suggestion towards a more adequate subreddit will be super welcome ofc

I've recently entered possession of two professional Wireless Access Points make and model are Aruba APIN0505; from what I've gathered those are pure APs (in a way that they only provide wireless connection and nothing more) which I'm fine with, but I saw online that they can be configured via website or app and in both case they require their serial number to be inserted.

Now, since the way I got them is not, let's say, 100% legal (I didn't stole them, they were left behind after an installation got dismantled) I'm not super eager to get them online right away nor to put their serial anywhere.

So my question is: does anybody knows what the risks are here? Do I just need to sell them for scrap? Or they'll be untraceable once I set them behind a proper firewall or something like that

Again, apologies for the off topic, anyway I hope is something different from the usual "How do I Hack bitcoin bank???" posts lol

submitted by /u/Luke7FPS
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/9XHBRE3

Comments