My Honest Review of "Real-World Bug Hunting" by Peter Yaworski – The Book That Made Things Click for Me
| Hey everyone, I’ve been lurking here for a while, trying to soak up as much knowledge as I can about bug bounties. Like a lot of you, I started with YouTube videos and random blog posts, but I always felt like I was missing a structured foundation. I kept hearing about "Real-World Bug Hunting" by Peter Yaworski, so I finally picked it up. I just finished it and wanted to share my thoughts because I think this book is a game-changer, especially for folks who are feeling a bit lost. What This Book Actually Is Forget the dry, academic textbooks. This book is structured like an almanac of actual vulnerabilities . It’s not just theory; it’s a deep dive into real bug bounty reports from massive programs like Twitter, Facebook, Google, and Uber . Every chapter focuses on a specific vulnerability type—like XSS, IDOR, CSRF, or SQLi. Yaworski starts by explaining the vulnerability in plain, understandable language. He talks about the tools you can use to find them. But the real gold is the second half of each chapter: he walks you through multiple real-world case studies . Why It's So Good
The Verdict If you're stuck in "tutorial hell" and feel like you can't find anything on real programs, this book is for you. It will teach you to think like a hacker. It gave me a huge boost in confidence and a much better understanding of what to look for and how to interact with bug bounty programs. It’s a solid investment if you're serious about this. Highly recommended. [link] [comments] |
from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/DLruWiw
Comments
Post a Comment