I’m trying to figure out whether something I was told is actually possible.
My Sister in law is currently in the ICU. Her Android phone is locked, and her laptop too.
Someone who knows him told us that an IT colleague supposedly has some kind of external device that can be connected to the phone and the PC and then give him access to the contents, even without knowing the passwords.
I know that specialized tools (like iMyFone LockWiper, but do they even work?)exist, but this person is apparently just a regular IT guy, not someone who works in digital forensics or law enforcement.
So I’m wondering if this is actually possible. Can someone with the right hardware really access a modern locked Android phone without knowing the PIN? And is it possible to do something similar with a PC? Or is this one of those things that sounds plausible but really isn’t?
[link] [comments]
from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/5UbMgwD
Comments
Post a Comment