How to do packet injection on a WEP wifi network on macOS Sonoma?

I am trying to crack the password of a wi-fi network using WEP. I am on macOS Sonoma and I noticed that airport command-line tool is deprecated in that version. However, I figured that Wireless Diagnostics app, which comes with macOS, can be used for sniffing. I captured some data and fed this .pcap file into aircrack-ng but it shows 0 IVs. One thing to note is that no one is connected to this wi-fi network, meaning that there is no traffic. I believe this is the reason I cannot capture any IVs.

I reckon I need to do packet injection while I am sniffing the network. Is this what I need to do for gathering IVs?

If this inference is correct, my second question is how to inject packets. aircrack-ng has some tools like airmon-ng, but this one is not available on macOS. JamWIFI also does not work on macOS Sonoma and I can't seem to find any working alternatives.

Any ideas?

submitted by /u/eligloys
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/lWC3Zca

Comments