LoJack History Inconsistencies

So, on Friday, I borrowed my boyfriend‘s car to go to the post office and some lady hit me. It was nothing major, and I got it on dash cam; however, when I asked my boyfriend to screenshot the trip from the LoJack app, the trip was not recorded. In fact, there are frequent gaps in the availability of the data history.

Does anybody have any idea why this would be? It uses radio frequencies instead of GPS to determine the location. Therefore, it can pick up the location underground or when the vehicle is not in direct line of sight of the sky. And we live in a major city, so it’s not like there are vast gaps of distance where radio waves aren’t propagating.

From what I read, the unit has a backup battery, so even if the vehicle battery is disconnected, the backup battery should last for about three days.

I’m just dumbfounded as to why this would not record every trip. It’s either on or off; if it’s on, then it should be recording every trip; if it’s off, no trip should be recorded. Why would it record on August 1, 2, 4, & 6 and not the trips on August 3 & 5?

submitted by /u/Kyedmipy
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/IZE8meW

Comments