How is duplicate transaction fraud possible in a card based payment?

So was reading through a post about how a card issuing startup was losing money due to duplicate transactions,the post didn't explain how such an exploit happen and I'm trying to wrap my head around how that could've been possible.

Because I know that unlike just a normal intra/inter bank payment/transfer, card payments work different in the sense that payment is initiated from checkout down to acquirer bank then to issuer bank via a card brand like visa.

So I was wondering why it will be possible to be able to make duplicate transactions to begin with and how it's the issuer that's incuring the charges of such hack.

I'm really curious.

submitted by /u/FickleSwordfish8689
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/e4oAuQi

Comments