Work Computer Monitoring: What Does It Really Mean in Detail?

Work Computer Monitoring: What Does It Really Mean in Detail?

Hey everyone,

I just started a new software engineering job, and they provided me with a work computer. When I booted it up, there was a notice saying, "all access may be monitored and recorded." I'm a bit concerned and curious about what this actually means in detail. Here are my questions:

https://preview.redd.it/wks8t8j73wfd1.jpg?width=4032&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=2f37d3594dab3accd81a54acab2e6d533f1921c8

  • Keystroke Logging: Does this mean they are logging my keystrokes?
  • Screen Recording: Are they recording my screen or taking screenshots periodically?
  • Webcam Monitoring: Could they be using the webcam to record me?
  • Microphone Usage: Is it a possibility that they could just be listening to me the entire time through the microphone?
  • ChatGPT Monitoring: I know they can see if I visit sites like ChatGPT, but can they see what I write inside the prompts? Is that even possible?
  • GitHub Gist: I'm considering not using ChatGPT at work and instead using GitHub Gist for storing my notes. Do you think it would be a problem if they constantly see me on github.com/gist?
  • Monitoring Software: What kind of software do companies typically use to monitor employees? Is this really a thing?
  • Signs of Monitoring: How can I know if I'm being monitored or recorded? Are there any signs to look out for?
  • Activity Monitoring: I used to do this trick where I sit a bottle on the keypad and just let it run. If they're actively monitoring me, would they know that I have something just sitting on there, or do I need to actually keep working?
submitted by /u/Unable_Count_1635
[link] [comments]


from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/sUWRl4n

Comments