Unknown IPs joined my RAT?

First of all, I'm new to this and wanted to try out how a Remote Administration Tool works for fun. I decided to try the "Quasar RAT" and infect my own laptop. I opened a port on my home router to create a connection. As soon as I opened the Client.exe, after a minute, two other clients joined with American IP addresses, which really confused me. How could they have opened a file that I created locally? After panicking and disconnecting everything, I decided to try it on my PC locally. The same result occurred: I opened the client, and another American IP somehow joined. This time, I managed to take a picture before disconnecting everything. Any idea how this happened?

submitted by /u/devilmen_
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/LEAC382

Comments