Safe source of malware to attack your own devices?

I'm very interested in trying to hack my own devices and deploy real malware and simulate full network compromises from the attackers perspective with all the C2 bells and whistles. I'm relatively experienced with cybersecurity from the defensive side, so I'm confident I'd be able to properly keep the test environment separate from my real network, but the part I'm stumped on is where to source a "clean" version of spyware, ransomware, etc. that wont phone home to some 3rd party or do things I'm not expecting it to do. I realize that there is no real difference between what I want to do, and what someone with malicious intent would do, apart from my word that it will be on devices I own and am authorized to attack, so I dont have my hopes up that there's just some repository of dangerous malware with a banner of "you have to pinky promise you're using this for research," but I figured I'd ask.

submitted by /u/AggravatingValue5390
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/73NOCQZ

Comments