I'm switching to a dumb phone, is there any way to program message forwarding from WhatsApp web to an SMS number?

I am switching my sim card to a dumb flip phone soon. The only thing I will miss is whatsapp as there are a few friends I need to have regular contact with who only use whatsapp (international). The dumb phone does not have whatsapp capability.

My current plan is to just use Whatsapp web to access my messages, but this will confine me to only using whatsapp while at work or home and not out in town or traveling. Is there any way to implement a forwarding (and reply) mechanism? I was thinking of leaving whatsapp web (or the desktop app) open on my pc, and writing a script to intercept and forward the whatsapp notifications. I know it would probably require an additional web-based SMS service. Is this even possible?

I really appreciate any tips you could give,

Thanks!

submitted by /u/kach-oti-al-hagamal
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/nFJYLkl

Comments