I dont understand certificates. I have an app with a cert that expired 10 years ago but it shows good?

I dont understand certificates. I have an app with a cert that expired 10 years ago but it shows good?

Can someone please explain this to me?

  1. why is this app allowed to install and what happens if i install the certificate? Whats the point since i have no problems installing/running the app

  2. why do i have hardly nothing in my untrusted certificates? certainly theres been THOUSANDS that have been revoked, right?

The first picture shows how i have hardly no data at all in my Untrusted Certificates folder

As you can see, nothing.

This is whats inside the [not available] list in the first picture.

This is the certificate for one of my favorite apps of all time. But it expired in 2015. Why doesn't windows, or defender, or anything interrupt installation, or running the portable version or anything? (btw clicking on \"Issuer Statement\" takes you to https://secure.comodo.net/CPS which is down. )

It says \"revocation status: OK is that good or bad?

This certificate is ok?

submitted by /u/bdiddylv
[link] [comments]


from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/hjGXi1b

Comments