College student struggling with cybersecurity assignment

So like the title says I'm currently in school pursuing my cybersecurity degree and at the moment I'm really struggling in my ethical hacking class. For an assignment I have a list of password hashes along with a hint of what they could be. In this case the first set of passwords are a launch followed by three digits and a single lowercase letter with an MD5 hash applied to them. The second set off passwords are a basic color (think crayola basic 12 set teachers words not mine) followed by a kaiju name. I was able to get one password from the first set and I was able to get 4 passwords from the second set. l've been coming up with wordlist after wordlist but nothing else has cracked and l've been wracking my brain for the past 3 days. If anyone is willing to offer some advice it would be hugely appreciated. Also l've been using hash-identifier, hashcat, as well as Johnny for this assignment, and I think l've got the basics down for how they work

submitted by /u/Starthelegend
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/kWf7hCt

Comments