Alexa echo show 5 3rd gen jailbreak? (Press all buttons on startup)

Alexa echo show 5 3rd gen jailbreak? (Press all buttons on startup)

I've recently been interested in possibly loading a custom firmware on my Alexa as I started caring about privacy. The issue is, this is the 3rd gen Alex echo show 5 which runs their custom OS instead of Android like their old ones. I've been searching online but haven't seen anything and most people said that there isn't a fastboot menu in this thing. After playing around with it though, I found this! Done by pressing all 3 buttons on startup. However, I couldn't find anything else from here. I'm not nearly proficient enough in programming and stuff to port android or Linux on this thing so I was hoping to at least get the information out there that there is a fastboot menu on these newer Alexa devices (I literally found nothing on the newer gen devices)

submitted by /u/Hofnik121
[link] [comments]


from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/Y9zNocS

Comments