VPN on cloud VMs

Hey all

I did try w proton and nord on DO and AWS. Loosing connection to the VM in both cases(tho required some additional movement w proton). It does add records to routing table. I remember proton wasn’t adding right entries to the table. And after manual adjustments I’d loose connection to the machine the same way I loose it with nord. Machine becomes fully unreachable. And only restart helps. I have no idea how networking with these vms is done on the cloud provider side. So appreciate if someone shares their knowledge. And another question. Has anyone successfully connected to any vpn from any cloud provider? Also do you know if DO monitors port scans a lot? I know gcp does.

A disclaimer tho. I’m not doing anything illegal. All with an explicit consent. Just want to speed up the scan. Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/unknow_feature
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/QT7vtoj

Comments