Alternatives to auto run for flash drive based malware?

Hello everyone!

I’m currently working on a project for one of my college courses involving a flash drive based keylogger. I’ve gotten the keylogger working, but I am stuck on the next step. One of my goals is to make the program start automatically upon insertion of the flash drive into a windows pc without user interaction. The answers I’ve found online say it “can’t be done” since auto run is disabled on newer windows versions. Auto play seems to be a dead end too because it requires human interaction. All other answers require prior configuration of the computer itself. A solution must be out there since flash drive based malware still exists. How can I get it to start automatically? Any leads would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

submitted by /u/liquid_the_wolf
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/Bi3aRvk

Comments