So what is the most common and accessible way for hackers to stay hidden?

I'm a beginner so I might have very basic questions but I want to learn.

  • Do they use VPNs? I've heard this is a really bad idea, since the VPN provider might log stuff.

  • Do they simply use TOR? Like they just route all traffic through TOR, nothing more fancy than that? But TOR is so slow!

  • Do they hack a few machines and then connect them into a proxy chain? This seems pretty damn complicated. Plus, how do they stay hidden before they have those machines hacked? Like a catch 22.

  • They don't rent proxy chains from online services right? Because they might log every little thing you do.

  • They don't rent VMs right? Since they can log all your shit.

  • I know some connect to other people's networks to hide that way. But what if they want to do stuff from the comfort of their own home? Every hacker doesn't go out to a cafe and use a public network, right? Maybe they use their neighbour's network, but that is risky too I guess.

  • Do they go out to a cafe, hide a Raspberry PI connected to the public wifi and then use that as a proxy?

As you can see, I'm very curious and have lots of questions.

Thanks dudes!

submitted by /u/ChonkyKitty0
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/3zneySK

Comments