I bought a used computer from a now deceased relative and cannot download anything because my account is not the "administrator" account

So I bought a Windows 10 desktop from a relative in late 2023. Did not get around to setting things up for it until last week. Tried to download a game and the Windows system (I am an Apple person so forgive me for calling things in Windows the wrong name) would not let me download it unless I either entered the Windows password (for the email address of my now deceased relative). OR I could enter the PIN my relative set up with the computer. I did not have both so I decided to on the same computer setup another user account and went ahead with making my own PIN.
Tried downloading everything again like games and other things and nope, it now prompts me to a small screen that requires me to still enter the email password for the deceased relative and now will not even let me enter a PIN because I entered the PIN wrong too many times before. Wtf.
How would I go in to the administrator, or access the administrator account, in this situation to change the password and then set it up so I am now the administrator with a different account email/password and PIN? Is there a way to even get the PIN setting to go back to working?

submitted by /u/Legend27893
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/7nHYLls

Comments