Hacking a guitar pedal?

I'm not a hacker, but I am a guitar player. I have this multi-effect unit that I think someone should hack someday. The Eventide H9 is a hardware device which requires users to purchase software features through in app purchases on their mobile device. The H9 is still on the market, but the H90 was recently released as its successor. It lacks the app purchase nonsense, and is fully "unlocked" from the factory.

Eventually this piece of music gear will become abandonware. Assuming Eventide doesn't just open the device to their users at the product's EOL, I think at that point it would be ethical to hack it to unlock its features. Anyone interested in this sort of project, or know someone who is?

submitted by /u/zjdrummond
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/iaG2LOX

Comments