Is My Laptop Used to Hack Political Parties?

So basically, I was working on my laptop with only Microsoft Edge open, inside which I had 'Microsoft Power Apps' running. Suddenly, I started hearing a conversation in another language. At first, I thought it might be a video playing or some sort of movie. The first thing I did was check if the sound was coming from my laptop by adjusting the volume, and indeed, it was.

Then, I began investigating where the sound was coming from. There were no other applications open on my laptop besides Edge and Power Apps. I checked the hidden icons, but there was nothing there. I even opened the Task Manager, but didn't find anything suspicious. Next, I opened the volume mixer to see if I could disable the sound for specific apps. When I opened it, I found Edge, so I disabled the sound for it, but to my surprise, the sound persisted.

It sounded like a conversation, with background noise of vehicles and people talking. I tried everything I could think of. Eventually, I resorted to using Google Translator to try to understand what they were saying. It seemed to be a political conversation, with phrases like 'we are coming to the parliament,' but it wasn't very clear.

Now, I'm really curious to understand what's going on. Could my computer be used to hack this person or something?.

submitted by /u/SafouaneAYADI
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/ocn89CF

Comments