i am trying to secure my online profiles

note: Sorry for my english and use for special characters, the post was being taken down for some reason, had to do something.

I've been l0sing a(cess to my em@il and then my inst@gram to some crypto hack and also my other social media platforms(like all of them - r3ddit, em@il, f@cebook, discord, pinterest, adobe)

The first time, I used dumb passw0rds but after that I've started using passw0rds like these - KG#@V8F^ywa5H7%2dF8XNxWe. I've also enabled 2FA and yet someone was again able to g@in a(cess to my acc0unt. I've checked my devices as well. It isn't l0gged into any suspici0us devic3s.

I download a lot of pirated stuff but, i have never used any of my credentials to l0gin into anything while surfing on such sites and all. Even if I do, I have separate credenti@ls for them. I have reduced it after my first h@ck. but after this h@ck, I think that was of no use.

My microsoft account is however being tried to bre@ch. There are l0gin attempts since nov 2023. everyday, about 10-20 attempts are made from different locations. I dont have to worry about them unless they are a successful l0gin attempt$.

I dont know what else can I do to se(ure my acc0unt. I was thinking of ch@nging p@sswords every 3 months. I would appreci@te any feedb@ck on securing my account furthermore and avoid these in the future. Thank you

submitted by /u/Revanth_pilli
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/1R8ldPo

Comments