There's no hobby programmers anymore

It seems like not many people build shit for fun. Everyone is after a job. All I see on youtube is dudes making videos like "LeArN jAvA iN 24 hOurS", "WhY pYtHoN iS tHe BeSt", or shit about ai. People are more focused on choosing the right framework than building a decent project. Tech is not fun anymore, which I think is why there isn't much innovation. Like yeah there's innovation in the way of ai, or shit like github copilot. I think this is why I like Linux and hacker communities more than tech and programming communities. Linux users are generally more innovative and interesting than the shit you see on r/programming or r/hacking. Because of this I don't think we're gonna see another Torvalds or Wozniak. You just don't see that kinda shit anymore.

Hacking sub cultures suffer from the same issues as programming sub cultures. Shit ain't fun. People generally get so hung up on specifics like "which language is better??".

Rant over, I think I'm just depressed. I just want to live in a world where we can have a better hacking culture. And not the script kiddies definition. True hacking, the truest form of fuck around and find out, the true "Why not?" Kind of projects, and not the same shit built on react. Linux users are the real hackers in my book.

Okay rant is over for real this time.

submitted by /u/XanaxTheNotSoWise
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/FSEM8Rr

Comments