Hacking and installing APKs on the Amazon Echo Show 5?

The Echo Show 5 (2nd gen) runs FireOS, which is based on Android.

After messing around a bit with it, I managed to figure out that it runs Android 7.1.2 according to the Amazon Silk browser settings, I could then press the „App version“ button several times, and like that I had enabled developer settings. When I try to just directly install APKs in the browser, it tells me „Downloads aren’t available at this moment“.

How do I install APKs? It also has a Micro-USB port on the back, is that of any use like for example doing stuff with a PC? I haven’t found much about this online so I wanted to see if anything was possible.

submitted by /u/tamay-idk
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/nYilx1O

Comments