Punching hardware ID to unlock software.

I have a software that im pretty sure works using a HW/ID indicator, i currently have a version of it installed onto an older ancient computer that doesn’t have much life yet, im trying to transfer it and get it to work on a computer with windows 10/11. I was able to mess with the code in the file and got the program to install on a trial version, i have the activation code for the full version as its paid for. my dilemma is whenever i try to enter the activation code , i get a message stating “the code does not match the system id of this computer. The funny thing is , i was able to purchase the exact same laptop with the same hardware specs as the last one, and i was able to get it to activate. This makes me think that it is a HW/ID system in place. I understand that when in place, it pulls from a database of HW/ID’s and dates in order to verify it, but when I use a software like fibber to trace this action, i cant find anything.

submitted by /u/ahyesenslavedyes
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/7c6lYxN

Comments