a detective came by saying they were looking for someone from our home

I live with my grandparents and my uncle, and today we were approached at our house by this detective person. they asked if we knew of someone named Evan Gonzalez. we all said no because well we don't know who that is. they demanded my uncle's name as he was not here and my grandparents gave him his name and even answered a couple random questions about him. it kind of upset me because my grandparents don't realize they dont need to give any information out about ourselves we don't know who they're looking for they don't need to know about us so I felt suspicious. but then this is when it got serious, they explained that Evan person is from our location using our wifi or IP address is. Our wifi is locked and I don't see how anyone can be using it besides us, and we have no friends unfortunately to say, but we don't it's just us here. the detective person left already but now we're all just confused and suspicious and my grandparents want to take off the wifi now like wth. How accurate is a ip address tracker..could it be one of our neighbors??..and can't they just track the device itself for the location?? I don't need my grandparents taking off our services just because they think we got hacked or maybe we did but I don't understand how we could've this is just crazy to me. I feel like we're probably apart of something serious now we're probably going to b on the news lol no I'm just kidding with that last part hopefully not

submitted by /u/HeavyMind789
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/w3oeUXZ

Comments