What subjects should I learn?

Hey,

I've wanted to get deep into networking, Linux, and Linux security and so I've started writing a botnet (client and cnc server code) to get my hands dirty and really learn in depth about these fields.

I've already written basic socket program to move information between the infected computer and the master computer, but I have no idea how to hide the virus process well, how to priv esc,
I have good C++ knowledge, and basic networking and Linux knowledge.

I've picked up a good book Linux and another good book on networking, but the Linux book doesn't really go into much detail about security.

Are there any specific topics (and good sources if you know of one) I should learn? Any tips in general?

Note1: I know there are books out there which teach Linux specifically for security, but I want to really dive deep into the kernel and Linux in general, and not just for security.

Note2: I am a beginner and have much to learn, so thanks in advance for the patience. I would really appreciate any help.

submitted by /u/Dragonpuff12
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/18tah4l

Comments