Hashcat with locked iPad-- cannot locate hash file

Hi,

I'm pretty new and don't know a whole lot but I'm trying to crack a locked iPad for practice (yes, I have permission. Long story). I've searched the reddit and google but can't find info pertaining to my specific question.

I'm using Hashcat for this and have gained a rudimentary understanding of how this all works, but my problem is I can't figure out how to extract the Manifest.plist file from the iPad. I've not backed it up on this laptop before. Is this possible even? I know what to do once I get the hash I just cannot figure out how to get it. I tried using the github repo itunes_backup2hashcat but my Terminal keeps saying it can't read the Manifest.plist, which makes me think I'm going in the wrong direction entirely with this.

submitted by /u/_blue-bird_
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/JctzOiV

Comments