Alright, so I made the DEAL of my life on a flee market this weekend- Bought a Samsung LED 50" TV (UE50J6275SUXX it came out 2015)
I bought it for 10$. Now I have no reason to believe it is stolen except for the price, the family I bought it from seemed like any regular responsible family with kids. But, now I wonder if this TV is stolen, did samsung have any kind of stolen TV protection, ie, if I connect it to the internet will it lock itself down?
It works great, I'm using it right now with my computer. I want to connect the SMART TV feature but if there is any risk in it, I will not be doing so.
I googled some and I read an article from 2021 where is said samsung now has this feature but I have no IDEA when it started, if they did have it in 2015?.
Thanks guys.
[link] [comments]
from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/8E1BWtI
Comments
Post a Comment