Only half handshake is captured

Trying deauth handshake attack on a router. Wifite doesn't even capture handshake. It fails after its 5 min timer. Fluxion and airgeddon captures handshake. But its always half. Only m1 and m2. Bettercap says wpa2 handshake (half) captured. What is the reason it doesn't capture full 4 way handshake? I cracked the hash of fluxion and airgeddon, bettercap half way outputs but they are all incorrect passwords. Router has defensive measures?

I thought my wlan card/driver is bad or something, so i test my smartphones hotspot connected to another. Then my lap captures all 4way handshake. Which makes me think that the router has defensive measures to deauth attacks???

submitted by /u/InsaneIslandDweller
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/hNMaKP9

Comments