Looking for an old program

Hi everyone, so I have been thinking about this for a while. When I was a kid, my PC had a strange program installed. I don't know if it was a virus. This was before windows vista I'm pretty sure. I remember a program which once you opened it, it had sort of a 3d UI in which you could click around a room? I think the walls were brick, I think you would click around and see different programs. One of these programs I remember would take over your PC, controlling your mouse, ejecting your disc drive, the usual creepy stuff. I remember it even blocking you from shutting down and showing creepy pop up messages, once you finally manage to shut down and boot back up, it would display a creepy message which probably read something along the lines you "you shouldn't have done that". Then I believe it showed a scary picture and jump scared you with a loud noise. Now I don't even know if this was a virus or just some spooky application. I'm just wondering if anyone knows what program I'm referring to?

submitted by /u/emotionsarelow
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/xPhGzUf

Comments