iPhone potentially "hacked"

Hey guys,

I could use some help/input on a topic which bothers me a a lot. I'm working in the IT, but not in the pentesting/security sector. I'm a devops guy. I did some red teaming stuff for fun years ago so I'm anything but an expert.

A good friend of mine was married to a questionable guy and now he is giving her a hard time. calling her with some unkown numbers (unkown in this case: there is a number, but she doesn't know them), knowing where she is and showing up letting her know he is always aware where she is, bombarding her with whatsapp messages, trying to logon to her accounts (she is getting 2FA request on a regular basis), so the full program. We added 2FA to every of her account now like 3 days ago, changed all PW, we use dashlane in order to have strong PW management. 2 days ago he called her 50+ times so the next day, she went to the police. but when she wanted to show all calls, they were gone. I suspect when they were still together, he installed something on her iphone in order to control her.

my solution would be to reset the iphone to factory but if I could find evidence that he has installed something, we finally would have evidence to give to the police. also, if he accesses the phone we could try to track back his ip, if he is not using some sort of vpn. he isn't a tech guy so I'm pretty sure he has help from someone.

so if some of you could give me a hint where to look, I would be thankful.

Cheers

submitted by /u/ESDFGamer
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/9tXsBh2

Comments