Revshell ? Bindshell ? Other ?

Hello, I'm a just certified defensive cybersecurity analyst, and my old pentesting teacher just gave us a CTF in pentesting that he said easy, and I just need some help.

The goal is to get a text.txt file in the ubuntu machine,localised in /root, after scanning, etc until I get root and have access to the file.

  • My Kali is on VMware NAT.
  • The VM is also on VMware, NAT, ubuntu. I don't have the login or password for the VM.

I understand the principle pretty well i think, but my problem is application.

So what I did on my kali was :

ip a

Got the results and saw my Kali, one other machine with bo open ports, and 2 machines with open ports (80 and 53). My idea since there was to bind shell, or reverse shell on those but nothing is working. Nothing happens I don't even have any message or error or firewall refusal. I'm stuck there....

My idea was to get access from with a shell, then :

Hostname

And from the hostname attack the password with Hydra then :

whoami >>> root...

Do you have any advice please ? I'm also using revshells.com because it's the only method the teacher told us.

Thanks guys.

submitted by /u/Known_Personality_80
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/aifks9P

Comments