Reading memory from a android app running in a VM

So I am using Blue Stacks for a android game, and it has no windows port. For windows I usually use Cheat Engine to find the pointer offsets, and then inject a DLL in the application to read the memory. But on a android VM I cannot read the pointers consistently, well, because it's a VM.

I can use Cheat Engine Server to read the pointers inside the VM, but that means also injecting the DLL into the app inside Android.

I have already rooted Blue Stacks, so how do I go about injecting a DLL into a application in Android? The DLL is based on windows.h, but I can change that.

Are there better methods of doing this rather than transferring the DLL to the VM and then make the DLL talk with the computer with TCP?

submitted by /u/Bloxxer213
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/P6EYFIe

Comments