Is this pathway realistic?

Right now I'm a threat hunter analyst by day. My ultimate goal is to be a red teamer. But for now, I'm working on the Pentester part. I've just passed the eJPT and got into a master's degree program for cyber security which starts in October. While doing grad school, my plan is to get myself ready for the PNPT cert so that once I graduate, I'll be ready and at the right skill level to enroll in the PNPT course.

Given this, I wrote out a roadmap and would like some feedback if this path makes sense or if there's another way I should do it. Anyways here's my current plan:

1.) THM - Junior Pentester Path: I'm 53% done, trying to finish by October. My goal is to do at least one section of a module per day.

2.) WGU master's starts in October. Hopefully finish by Fall 2024.

3.) While doing grad school, work on THM Offensive Pentesting path in spare time. Unfortunately there won't be much spare time while juggling day job and grad school. Will hopefully finish this path by spring 2024.

4.) THM - Red Teaming path: work on this after Offensive Pentesting path in downtime while finishing up degree next spring/summer

5.) Once I graduate with masters (hopefully next fall), I'll be ready to enroll and start studying for the PNPT cert and pass that around winter 2024 if everything works out.

After this, I'm not sure what. The OSCP seems to look crappier by the year, being overpriced, and as a "glorified CTF" according to many. At any rate, I'd appreciate some feedback on the path so far.

submitted by /u/error_therror
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/N8sYqSa

Comments