Is It Too Late to Learn Computer and Cyber Security in My Mid 30s?

I've been in the graphic design game for a bit, but recently, I've found myself really drawn to computers and cyber security. I got into this while troubleshooting computers on my design projects.

So, I've decided to take action and enroll in an "IT and Cybersecurity Fundamentals" class at a local community college this year. I'm even considering getting CompTIA certification down the line, which could help me land a help desk job and eventually level up to a cyber security role.

But here's the catch - I'm in my mid-30s, and I've noticed companies often lean towards younger talent, especially for entry-level positions.

Do you reckon it's too late for me to make the switch? Please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/cactiplanter
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/l7QN2io

Comments