Is it possible to gain root access to an Arlo camera?

After months of frustration over my Arlo video doorbell & Pro 4 camera for numerous reasons, I've finally hit my breaking point. I want to cancel my subscription, but don't want to fully abandon the hardware.

Rather than relegating it to a box until it becomes obsolete, I'd like to attempt to make use of it somehow, possibly with a NAS and pi. But it seems the first step would be gaining root access to the cameras.

After doing some digging, I'm not having much luck finding any info on how (or if it's even possible) to gain root access to Arlo devices or, for lack of a better term, jailbreak them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

submitted by /u/WhiskyRick
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/p8mr290

Comments