IP anonymity.

Question about IP spoofing.

I’ve only been at this a couple months so go easy on me lol.

I used Kali-Whoami’s IP changer and then geolocated the IP address which resulted in an IP in a different country.

My question is:

Since my router uses NAT to convert my private host IP into the public IP - and then sends the packets with the public IP as the source to the Tor network - how is that public IP hidden from Tor?

Or is it hidden from Tor?

If it’s not, wouldn’t that mean if someone were to be monitoring traffic on the entry node - they could capture the packets and decrypt them? Which would then reveal the node that’s next in line? Rinse and repeat for the whole chain?

Thanks in advance for your time!

submitted by /u/koreanjc
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/BbDvLwc

Comments