How to manually scan networks?

So I'm having a lot of fun learning all this computer stuff. I recently got into it at 28, because I learned that though it helps to be proficient at math, anything beyond algebra isn't a prerequisite. Which was HUGE for me, because I've always had an interest, but was discouraged because I heard words like "calculus" and "trigonometry." But enough about my boring backstory. One day, as I was playing around with nmap and Linux, I got thinking: Just how does this work, anyway? What's more, how did these hackers from back in the day scan and exploit these networks and ports? So I decided to come here, because I've been searching the web and......I've found nothing lol

submitted by /u/Fickle_Honey_3902
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/TWpiUtm

Comments