Cracking a wifi password

Next year I'll be studying Cybersecurity in my engineering school. As a challenge during this summer I wanted to learn to do some stuff to introduce myself to some pentest tools. My first thing I wanted to do even though I know it's not the right thing to learn first probably is to learn how to crack a wifi password.

After some research I've learned that as of today most of the wifi routers use WPA2 and brute force even with dictionaries has become stupid for this type of security. I've seen that routers with WPS have some flaws but it's still very rare and hard to crack.

So what's the point of tools like aircrack in 2023. Is there still a way to do this in a non intentionally "easy" environment ?

submitted by /u/PLS_REPROT
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/49zRGjJ

Comments