Windows 10 and bluetooth discoverability

I'm worried that I've been bluesnarffed or bluebugged

My flatmate lives less than 10 meters away from me and I use bluetooth headphones on my desktop. I regularly open the bluetooth settings panel and I just realised that if you open that bluetooth panel, it automatically makes your device discoverable. Sometimes I don't shut this menu and I just leave it open in the background.

What is the likelihood that they've been hacking me? When I first met them they were ok with me but recently when I rarely encounter them they've been acting weird, almost nervous around me and laughing.

I'm running Windows 10 and my device is fairly up to date.

submitted by /u/ItsPayneWhackEm
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/i7bMBON

Comments