Question on defending from an rc jammer

So to get things out of the way, I don't fly maliciously.

I have been flying rc for a few years, and am building a long range fpv plane. With people being more against drones than ever, and drone jammer being fairly easy to make (despite the legality), I'm trying to protect my investment.

I use a TBS crossfire reciever on the plane. It operates at 913mhz and is encrypted.

I use gps for the reciever and the flight controller.

I also use a 5658mhz transmitter for video from the plane to the ground station.

The main thing I'm trying to protect is the gps modules and TBS reciever. If the gps loses connection, I can fly manually. If the TBS unit goes down, then the flight controller initiates return-to-home and flies back to the takeoff point. However, if both go down, then the plane goes down. If the gps and video go down, then I lose orientation, resulting in a crash

How would I protect the plane the best I can against potential threats from a malicious person with a drone jammer?

submitted by /u/Zippytez
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/w2O6bST

Comments