inquiry

I'm wondering what the feasibility of this even is, so I feel like I ought to check in with people who know a lot more about this than I do:

When I was in middle school, my Deviantart account was suspended, and subsequently the email address that was used to make the account was hacked. I tried to appeal to the support team and explain the situation, but support refused to make any exceptions for me despite me showing proof that I'm the same individual. Normally, I'd just look up the username of the account and grab images from there, but Deviantart's SEO has changed and become utterly useless within the past year, so I have no way of grabbing much of my old art anymore.

Is it legal/alright for me to look into hiring someone to get into that account? I really just want access to my old artwork again, and it frustrates me that support refuses to help me in any regard. I don't really know what I'm doing, and I just know that all the info on that account is super outdated. I mostly just am a sentimental artist not knowing where else to turn.

submitted by /u/worstworstworst
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/uoy0Dxj

Comments