Automated password try for BIOS ?

So ive got this used HP laptop, its an elitebook 5g and has bios pass. The only solution I know besides getting a new motherboard is reprogramming the BIOS chip but thats kinda a scatchy so i was thinking maybe there is another way around this problem. There is this “HP support assistant” that scans ur laptop and tells you what drivers you need to install and when I do that, ofc the BIOS update that needs to be installed shows up. When I try to install it I reach to a certain point and then ofc it asks for the BIOS password. The thing is that I can try guessing for an unlimited amount of tries there and I was thinking if there is a way I can automate this process until password is correct and use it to remove the bios password or simply just update the bios that way.

submitted by /u/Personal_Patient_145
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/dHLSJEV

Comments