A Meet with the Devil Himself

When I first saw him, I did not think of him much. Seemed like an average guy with a slight weight

problem. A father of two, working in the IT industry as a developer. At least that is what he told me.

He seemed like somebody that you would get to know and would want to become.

family friends with. Nothing about him seemed out of the ordinary. So, I introduced myself and

learnt that he had just arrived from back home. I was excited about him joining the

company and looked forward to working with him. Over the next several months, whenever

we would talk, it seemed like he was fishing or confirming information. Information that

was either confidential, sensitive, secretive, and potentially damaging. Over a span of

six months, he had knowledge of myself, my family, and my relatives back home. I knew

he was not a software developer as he never worked with me on any project.

That scared me, so I asked him politely to back off and respect mine and my family’s privacy.

He did not like that at all. He looked me straight in the eyes and told me without

flinching that he had my home security system, my Xbox, my smart tv and any electronic

device connected to the internet hacked. He told me that he had listened to my call logs

over the past ten years and knew about my personal habits., more than I did.

I did not believe him or did not want to believe him, so I told him again, in a sterner and

determined voice not to intimidate me. He got angrier and said, his speciality was hacking

live feeds or cameras. I said I do not care and dismissingly turned to my desk, concerned slightly.

but offended more than anything. I did not talk to him after that. He was let go from the company after

a couple of months for something he did, which was never quite disclosed. I would later find out that.

he was living in the same neighborhood as me. This guy would walk around with hidden cameras.

so that he could photograph people and then go onto the dark web to find information and dirt about

them. He would use that information for his own nefarious motives. He loved to hack into people’s

wifi connections and gather any type of valuable or damaging data or information that he could. One of

his darker methods involved blackmailing women with embarrassing videos into submission, on his own

terms. It baffles me, that he got away with so much for so long and no one was able to stop him. Over

the course of four years, I believe, nobody came close to hurting me more than this obsessive and

crazed shell of a person be it financially, spiritually, or emotionally. Sometimes I wonder if things would

have been different in my life if I would have just ignored him and let him have his way. But I am glad

that I did what I did and did not give in to his intimidating demeanor. For if I did, I would not have the

courage to stand up to him and hold him accountable for the damage and destruction that he subjected

me, my family and several others to.

submitted by /u/Exciting-Article-542
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/ob2fsX5

Comments