Replace Enterprise Windows with Private one.

I had Enterprise Windows installed on my computer (Thinkpad) and left the company (large corporate). Somehow I could keep the laptop, no one has every said anything in the last 1,5 years.,but couldn't log into the Work-Account anymore. So I have installed (different) open source OS (I even know the BIOS password) and used them for some time.

Needing some compatibility, I wanted to reinstall private Windows again. I have even found a Windows License key in "/sys/firmware/acpi/tables/MSDM" from the terminal within Linux

I created a bootable USB with Win10 ISO from official MS source and I went started the installation process.

It all worked, but after some time and connection to Wifi it said: "Welcome to COMPANY X, please enter your user credentials."

Is there a way to completely erase all remainings of the Enterprise Windows from that laptop?

And if so, then the license key in "/sys/firmware/acpi/tables/MSDM" probably won't be useable anymore as well right?

submitted by /u/Whathefish
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/AiJ5qDX

Comments