Hardware hacking a phone to make a tablet (OnePlus 8)?

Not sure if this is the right subreddit but I’m hoping to find a display controller board that can take the video signal off the ribbon to drive a portable display (sort of like a tablet). I’m doing this on a OnePlus 8 because I have one with a broken screen.

I did think of trying to get alt display over USB-C but I can’t see anything on the screen so I don’t think I can get that setup, unless I can change settings when plugged into a computer without activating USB debugging.

Anyway, does anyone know what are the pinouts of the ribbon cable and what do I need to drive the display; or does anyone know where to find that information?

Thank you for the help of this community.

submitted by /u/Lack_Potential
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/uMZ5cHl

Comments