0day in the ILOVEYOU worm?

Hey guys,

currently analyzing the ILOVEYOU Worm and I have the code here (its just first search result google, there is also a commeted version on github) and it makes sense, but when I googled a bit about the history and stuff I surprisingly found talk, although rather little about a 0day buffer overflow in the microsoft outlook client that was used by the worm. Now I am really hooked because that seems like fun analysing a 0day from 20 years ago, so I go through the code again and there is just nothing, ok maybe my source isnt right I go over to ChatGPT ask it about it, it tells me that the string that was used as a buffer overflow is kept secret, for no more attacks (which doesnt really make sense in my eyes because it is litterally over 20 years old). Now my question, does anyone know anything about this zero day, what it did, how it functioned, the code because I cant find any information other that it existed. It would be really fun to dive in there and take the code appart. Thank you for your answers.

submitted by /u/MathematicianDeep214
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/D5OpZPv

Comments