what can ya do with a hacked printer? (jetdirect? port 9100 vuln)

my friend that owns a coffee shop asked me to poke around on his network to look for vulnerabilities in exchange for some free coffees and i saw that they had 9100 open, wasn't familiar with it so played around and found out about PRET which gave me access to his HP printer, with transversal you can gain access to the file system etc and from what i read you can open a root shell on another port, would the scope be limited to the printer, or can the printer be used as a vector to gain access to other systems connecting to said printer?

tldr im not familar with printers and found a vuln, what do, i like my free cup-a-joes while writing my dnd campaigns.

submitted by /u/werewolfpajamas
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/CaIKJFc

Comments