Recovering NMCRYPT files

We had a plant manager who kept our production records and other miscellaneous files on a flash drive. They recently attempted to get those files from the drive and they all have an NMCRYPT file type. (<filename>.pst.NMCRYPT)

I understand that NMCRYPT is due to ransomware, but I also don't work with a "technologically advanced" group of people, so it's no surprise someone downloaded ransomware.

I'm not an I.T. Technician by any means. I've never went to school for I.T. I'm just the youngest at work with some technologic background. (I'm 23; average age is about 50) so this might be an easy fix, but I'm just not sure where to begin. I've never come across this issue before, because I know what a suspicious file or download looks like.

Is there a program or some other method that can decrypt these files and recover them?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

submitted by /u/mattledz
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/8JS1Omf

Comments